- Currently there is a premature failure rate on the baler monitor system’s mechanical power switch.
- Circuits need to be improved and reduced in size.
- Evaluate the system in order to refresh and update the look.
- Improve the intuitiveness of operator feedback through feel, organization, and indicators.
- The new device must be backwards compatible.
- Upgrade the circuit to keep power out of the components on the monitor surface.
- Utilize components rated for 125% of the power and electrical transients.
- Measure and document the existing power requirements.
- Increase usage of sunlight readable LED indicators to improve operator feedback.
- Add auto-dimmable LED’s for reduced light output in lower ambient conditions, providing improved operator comfort.
- Seal switches for tactile and long life (+ 1 mil ops), offering the operator distinct touch and intuitive operation.
- Design the device so that it is programmable through the back cover without complete disassembly or entry into the circuit area.
- Make the device backward compatible.