- Currently there is a premature failure rate on the mechanical power switch.
- Evaluate for circuit improvement and reduction in size.
- Evaluate to refresh and update the look.
- Improve intuitiveness of operator feedback through feel, organization and indicators.
- New device must be backwards compatible.
- Upgrade circuit to keep power out of components on the Monitor surface. Utilize components rated for 125% of the power and electrical transients. Measure and document the existing power requirements.
- Increase usage of sunlight readable LED indicators to improve operator feedback
- Auto-Dimmable LED’s for reduced light output in lower ambient conditions providing improved operator comfort.
- Switches are sealed, tactile and long life (+ 1 mil ops) offering operator distinct touch and intuitive operation.
- Device is programmable through back cover without complete disassembly or entry into circuit area.
- Device meets backward compatible requirement.